Accelerating Asia has announced the fourth cohort of its flagship 100-day program for pre-Series A startups. According to a release, the 11 startups have raised over S$6 million coming into the program.
The 11 new portfolio companies cover ten verticals and include companies from Singapore, Indonesia, Pakistan, and Bangladesh. New industry verticals include property, online dating and marketing/advertising.
Amra Naidoo, co-Founder and General Partner of Accelerating Asia, stated:
“We’ve selected cohort four from 500 startups from 30 countries, a record number of applications for us that shows the demand for a Singapore based accelerator with an international footprint. With just 2 percent of startups selected, the chosen 11 will be part of our largest cohort and are eligible to receive up to S$200,000 in investment from our VC fund.”
Craig Dixon, co-Founder and General Partner at Accelerating Asia added that during the Accelerating Asia program, participating startups on average grow monthly revenue 350 percent, and 90 percent of companies raise outside capital from their network of investors.
“We’re excited to build on our track record with Cohort Four.”
Accelerating Asia offers its investors early access to portfolio startups, providing them with qualified deal-flow, pro-rata rights, and a first-option for investment which will continue in Q2 2021 and beyond as the accelerator VC expands partnership and investment opportunities. The team is planning to expand its presence around the region in particular, developing a greater footprint across multiple markets via cohort recruitment and partnerships with governments and investors.
Cohort four’s program will culminate in an online Demo Day on 17 June 2021, and applications are now open for Cohort Five.
Cohort Four Startups:
- Amar Lab partners with top local and international diagnostic labs to provide end to end diagnostics test services from sample collection to testing to report delivery directly from customers premises, saving time, money and hassle for patients. To date Amar Lab has served over 10,000 diagnostic tests and is providing COVID tests for individuals and corporate clients.
- Casa Mia is a coliving operator offering private bedrooms in shared homes with a convenient search process and a great community. Casa Mia has over S$1.35M in annualised revenue and a presence in Singapore, in 2021 the team is looking to expand its presence across multiple markets in APAC.
- DoctorKoi is a healthtech company offering a prescription writing software that allows a doctor to write a prescription from a database of 27,000 medications within just a few clicks. DoctorKoi works with over 1300 doctors, partners with top pharmaceutical companies and has processed over 2.6M digital prescriptions.
- Drive lah is a mobility company that offers flexible & affordable access to cars nearby for whatever you need it for – personal or commercial without the hassle of ownership. Since raising its seed round, Drive lah has had 10X growth within 15 months, scaled to S$2.9M, acquired Smove and received awards from the Singapore Ministry of Trade & Industry for its impact on mobility.
- HandyMama is the first and leading professional cleaning and handyman services platform of Bangladesh, connecting customers with trustworthy and verified service providers through mobile app, web app and a call center. HandyMama has helped over 100,000 households while employing over 500 people full time and 3000 part time. Their vision is to serve 1M households by 2025.
- Independents is an A.I. powered marketplace that matches world-class individual or team talent, to the exact requirements of marketing projects. The founding team has worked at leading advertising agencies like Ogilvy & global brands Sony and Rakuten. Independents’ clients include leading brands such as DBS and Mullen Lowe.
- KopiDate is a social platform which curates conversation-centred dating experiences for single millennials to build rich and deep, authentic human connections. During covid-19, the team successfully pivoted and innovated with new products including Date From Home and their monthly revenue has increased 50% in the last month. Plus, since the ease of lockdown, Kopi Date has experienced 32% growth, and has curated thousands of dates.
- Mobiliti provides state of the art bionic lower limb prosthetics at affordable prices. Mobiliti has already served over 1000 patients and established a partnership with the International Committee of the Red Cross.
- SWAP is the first cross-category exchange platform for users to sell or swap their old phone, laptop, car, motorcycle, furniture in just 24 hours. Working as a C2B marketplace, SWAP has established buyback partnerships with Samsung, OnePlus, OPPO, Apple and Suzuki. With over 25,000 clients served in 12 months, SWAP has helped to save 36 metric tons of e-waste and 694 metric tons of carbon emissions.
- TransTRACK.ID is a fleet telematics system integrator, providing data collection from fleet, driver and asset for transport operations, and builds integrated solutions to optimise productivity, boost efficiency and effectiveness. In the past 12 months, TransTRACK.ID’s year on year revenue has more than doubled, increasing 130%.
- Waitrr provides efficiency for the hospitality industry, offering their QR ordering & payments platform for restaurants, cafes, hotels & bars, without the need to download an app. Waitrr’s partners include brands like PAUL, Da Paolo Gastronomia and Changi Airport Group. Clients have adopted Waitrr’s technology in a way that for the majority of clients, 90% of sales go through the Waitrr platform, leading to improved staffing efficiency in the restaurant along with increased revenues, as Waitrr orders often yield +20% higher ticket sizes.