Arweave, which aims to offer a “novel” data storage blockchain protocol enabling “a permanent serverless web and creating truly permanent data storage for the first time,” has released its Q1 2021 Ecosystem Update, titled, NFTs, The Guardian, a new web wallet, new gateway (& much more).
Arweave developers claim that this quarter has been “astronomically” busy for the entire Arweave ecosystem. In March 2021, the network reportedly handled more than 1 million transactions, and the storage endowment “grew to over $550,000.”
As mentioned in an update from Arweave:
“The latest incubator program, the Open Web Foundry, came to a close last week with over 500 participants. Plus, we have a raft of fantastic updates to share from the vibrant network of founders, including: Arweave’s unique offering for NFTs …, the creation of atomic NFTs, ArConnect — a new MetaMask-style AR web wallet from the Verto team, and much, much more.”
While commenting on its Profit Sharing Community Updates, the Arweave team revealed the following:
- The Verto.Exchange team: Leading profit-sharing token exchange
- Launch of ArConnect, “a simple and secure wallet management tool, including an ‘allowances’ feature providing a sleek, efficient web wallet experience.”
- Introduction of an Ethereum<>AR bridge on Verto.Exchange
- Launch of Verto Space, “an application to browse and trade NFTs with built-in attention rewards powered by the Koi protocol.”
- Completion of Verto’s pre-seed fundraising round. Congratulations to the team!
- Introduction of $QUAD.vision, “a social network protocol focused on encouraging and growing meaningful social interactions on the permaweb. Learn how and why this was created from Verto Founder Tate Berenbaum.“
- $QUAD.vision “also provides a mechanism for community votes to indicate which version of a permaweb Dapp a domain should point to.”
- community.XYZ: The profit sharing communities hub
- Over 70 profit sharing communities, and over 1000 atomic NFTs now call cXYZ home!
- Radical improvements in loading speed and UX, “including significantly reduced fees and increased usability and transparency.”
- ArDrive: “Offering permanent, immutable file storage”
- Launch of ArDrive web version 1.0.1, including mobile support
- Release and approval of the first ArDrive Community Improvement Proposal
- Team size growing to 10 full-time and part-time core ArDrivers
- Collaboration and integration with Mask Network
- Cited in the World Economic Forum Best Blockchain Use Cases 2020
- Formed a partnership with 247rack.com to host ArDrive gateway and node servers
- ArVerify: The ‘blue tick for the permaweb’
- Launch of the ArVerify tool, providing a ‘blue tick for the permaweb’
- An explosion of activity post-launch of ArVerify, “leading to over 5,500 verifications so far”
- Over $15k in profits distributed automatically “to holders of ArVerify’s profit sharing token so far this year:
- Implementation of ArVerify “with the ArConnect wallet from the Verto team”
(Note: for more details on these updates from the Arweave Project, check here.)
As reported in March 2020, blockchain startup Arweave, a permanent storage solution provider, secured $8.3 million in funding from Andreessen Horowitz, Coinbase Ventures, others.
As covered in November 2019, Andreessen Horowitz, Multicoin Capital, Union Square Ventures led Arweave’s $5 million investment round.