Chase announced on Monday the launch of its new Freedom Flex credit card, which was developed in partnership with Mastercard, along with a new cashback offering for Freedom Unlimited, According to Chase, Freedom Flex cardmembers will have access to Mastercard’s World Elite Benefits and rotating 5% cashback bonus categories.
Cardmembers earn cashback on:
- 5% on Bonus Quarterly Categories –, Cardmembers can activate each quarter to receive 5% cashback on up to $1,500 in combined purchases on bonus categories such as grocery stores, select streaming services, and many others.
- 5% on Travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards, including vacation and car rentals.
- 3% on Dining purchases, including take out or eligible delivery services.
- 3% on Drugstore purchases on daily essentials like medicine, toiletries, diapers and other items.
- 1% unlimited cash back on all other purchases.
Freedom Flex cardmembers will receive Mastercard’s leading World Elite Benefits including:
- Cell Phone Insurance: Up to $800 per claim and $1,000 per year in cell phone protection against theft or damage for phones listed on cardmembers’ monthly bill.
- Lyft: $10 in credit for every five rides taken in a calendar month, automatically applied to the next ride and capped at once per month.
- Boxed: 5% cash rewards on Boxed purchases for use on future purchases.
- ShopRunner: Free membership to receive two-day shipping and free return shipping at over a hundred online retailers.
- Fandango: Double VIP+ points for movie tickets purchased via the Fandango app or Fandango.com, which can be used towards purchasing movie tickets on Fandango or towards streaming movies and TV shows on FandangoNOW.
Speaking about the new credit card, BJ Mahoney, General Manager of Chase Freedom, added:
“Flex and Unlimited are the next evolution of the Chase Freedom credit card suite and challenge the status quo for what consumers expect from a no-fee, cashback card. Earning cash back on dining, including takeout and delivery, drug stores and travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards provides immense value for customers in both the immediate and long term.”